Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Go to sleep


I sit writing this blog while rocking my granddaughter in my arms and stillness all around me. My heart is full and bursting at the seems with love and joy. I wonder for a moment why I feel so happy.....

This week I was met with some pretty difficult realities. I was reminded how fallen this world is, how fallen I am, how far from heaven I really am. Life is full of pain and heartache. Death sits on our doorstep and haunts while life seems an illusion we can never grab ahold of. 

So why at the end of it all can I sit and be astounded by the peace and love and joy that fills me to overflowing? I look down at the baby in my arms and clarity comes. 

The Lord has put me to sleep. He has caused me to rest. Just like my grand-baby who has complete trust in being held close by one who loves her, I am held close to my savior who loves me. His love for me is perfect and I can completely trust him. 

That truth seems simple enough for a child but as an adult it has been hard for me to grab ahold of. It's easy to trust when things are going my way. What about when it's not? When the wheels are coming off the track I'm driving on? When I'm sinking and can't catch my breath. 

Let me encourage you. We are meant to rest. I'm not saying lay around and be lazy, but rest. Go to sleep because God has it under control. Let the burden fall on His shoulders as He carries you to heights you've never experienced before. Then you will live in a broken world, full of life and shine the light of God into the brokenness

No comments:

Post a Comment